Sunday, April 24, 2016

Reflection



The following quotes express my sentiments regarding poverty and what I have learned of poverty around the world as a result of what I encountered within the past seven weeks through articles, podcasts and multimedia videos.

As long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest. ~Nelson Mandela


I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion about the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. ~Benjamin Franklin


When you see in places like Africa and parts of Asia abject poverty, hungry children and malnutrition around you, and you look at yourself as being people who have well-being and comforts, I think it takes a very insensitive, tough person not to feel they need to do something. ~Ratan Tata

No comments:

Post a Comment