Saturday, December 17, 2016

What I have Learned!

Image result for cultural diversity in early childhood educationAs I leave this course, my hopes and goals are plentiful. When I think about working with children who come from diverse backgrounds, my hope is that ALL educators strive to be anti-bias educators. An anti-bias approach is beneficial to a child’s overall development. This approach is also very beneficial to our society. The world would be so much more accepting of the people that they encounter. As a result, we wouldn’t allow things such as race, religion or socioeconomic status to hinder us from collaborating with one another and creating greatness.

One goal for the early childhood field is that it becomes mandatory that classes on diversity are taught because everyone, regardless of their specialization within the field, should understand the role of diversity as we interact with children in one way or another.


In the past eight weeks, I have learned a lot from this course as well as my fellow classmates. There have been points within the course where I did not completely understand what a particular assignment asked or how to present the information. In those moments I have turned to my classmates. Through your different insights and perspectives, I have been able to better understand certain concepts. I think that everyone has been an asset to this course and keeping our discussions very informative and respectful. For all of these things, I am thankful for all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Altrenia

    I want to wish you the best of luck during your journey. It has been great learning more about you through the blog and the discussions. I have enjoyed reading all of your stories that you have written on here. Thank you for sharing all of them. Again good luck and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenifer! I wish the same for you!! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete