Saturday, August 20, 2016

Professional Hopes and Goals

When I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds, my ultimate hope is for myself. My hope is that I am able to effectively advocate for the children and families that I encounter. As an early childhood educator, our environment and the children/families that we serve are forever changing. It is my hope that I that am able to promote feelings of respect, security, and feelings of empowerment with each child, and their family, that I serve; regardless their race color or creed.

If I had to set a goal for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice, it would be to put forth the necessary efforts to teach young children to appreciate differences between themselves and others. It is my belief that if we use teaching moments to address stereotypes and prejudice with very small children, we will see huge differences around us. The children that we serve will be able to go out and teach lessons of acknowledging and understanding our differences without even trying. If believe that if we teach children early on, stereotypes and prejudice among adults would also be reduced dramatically.


I would like to say thank you to each and every one of my classmates within this course. I have learned, through your posts, about how people can receive one topic and have such different perceptions. It has been awesome and I appreciate each and every one of you for the role that you have played throughout this course. The best of wishes to!!! Be blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Thank you for sharing your posts throughout the course and the great knowledge and opinions you have added. The goals you have for yourself and for the field are amazing, I am sure that you will do great things in the field and best of luck to you as you continue your journey!

    ReplyDelete