Monday, September 26, 2016

Is Your Communication Effective?

I took the time to use this evaluation as a fun exercise for my husband and my close coworker. My husband was reluctant, but I really wanted to know the results. To both our surprise, he ranked me just as I ranked myself. We were a few points off here and there, but still fell within the same category on each skills test. It made me feel as though we were on the same page in regards to my communication skills and it made me feel as though I am effectively communicating with him as we should. We plan to complete the assessment on him for fun. My coworker’s assessment of me was also very similar to my own. We work very closely with one another and I feel as though she knows me pretty well. Our results, were also dead on. Her results helped me to realize that though I may use different channels of communication in different situations, I am still the same in many ways. Both my husband and my coworker helped me to realize that I am pretty consistent with the way that I communicate. I would like to strive to be even better and even more effective within my home, my workplace and my community.

No comments:

Post a Comment