Monday, February 27, 2017

Reflecting on Learning

Image result for teachers impacting children quotes
It is pretty amazing the extent to which one can be both inspired and motivated by complete strangers throughout the course of a few weeks. Though I have never physically met you all, through shared interests, opinions and passion, it seems as though you all may understand me better than the people I come in contact on a daily basis. Through our personal beliefs and dedication to personal growth we continue to stand united. It gives me great hope to know that I am not alone on this unpredictable journey to becoming a better, anti-bias educator. To everyone within the course, as well as our professor, thank you for the impact that you have made throughout this course.

My most passionate hope for my future as an early childhood professional, all other early childhood professionals, and for the children and families with whom I work or will work, is that we strive to stay passionate about our purpose in children’s lives. It is imperative that we understand the importance of positively impacting the children that we encounter, because in many cases, we are all these children have.

3 comments:

  1. Altrenia--
    It has been a pleasure to be on this anti-bias journey along side you. Thank you for your passion and insight along the way. As you, I hope to continue to stay passionate about my role as an early childhood educator, because you are absolutely right--unfortunately many times we are a child's only safe haven. We have such a powerful platform to impact our children and their families to become strong and successful individuals--a lot of times all it takes is one person to believe in them and show them that someone cares and has an interest in their well being. Together we all can make a huge difference in changing our world starting with the youngsters we come in contact with daily!!! Thank you again and I wish you continued success!

    Heidi Law

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Altrenia

    I agree that it is very important to be anti-bias not only as educators but in everything we do and to pass our learnings on to others. Our children are our future and if we are able to teach them what we are learning in our studies, to not judge others based on race, culture, and/or religion, we can do good. There is so much negativity these days but if we can teach and be a positive model for the children we can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Altrenia,
    I have enjoyed being on this journey of education with you. Thank you for taking the time to give me insightful advice on my discussions. I wish you well throughout this early childhood journey. We are almost at the finish line!

    ReplyDelete